If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
No single dethatcher is designed alike and each has its pros and drawbacks as well. Therefore when shopping for one it is wise that you understand your needs prior to making a purchase. If you intend to dethatch a largelawn then it will be prudent to buy one that can handle heavy work. On the flipside, a light duty unit will suffice if you intend to dethatch small to medium size yards. The Brinly DT 40BH tow-behind dethatcher comes with a combination of tines that make dethatching easy and quick. It has been built specifically for extreme cleaning tasks such as removal of dead roots and grass clippings.
- 3 in one unit: scarifier, dethatcher and transporter.
- 2 rows of 10 flexing tines.
- Easily operated from your tractor’s seat.
- Comes with pre-assembled tines making assembling easy and fast.
- Has transport wheels hence making driveway and path crossing a breeze.
- Weighs 31.2 pounds.
- Dimensions: 41 by 11.5 by 11 inches.
- Does more than one task. You enjoy three in one roles from the same unit.
- Can handle highly demanding work unlike other dethatchers.
- You do not need to alight from the tractor while in operation.
- The two rows of 10 independent tines ensure maximum thatch pickup within a short time.
- Can maneuver complex areas such as paths and driveways.
- Performs some other roles as well; loosening the soil prior to seeding and fertilizing the yard.
- No need to assemble the tines since they come pre-assembled.
Pros and Cons
- Highly durable.
- Convenient to operate. You do not have to alight from the seat of your tractor.
- Efficient in removing thatch and dead roots.
- Guarantees uniform height.
- Offers maximum stability when riding through the lawn.
- Easily adjusts up and down.
- Easy to connect and disconnect.
- Wheels are not big enough.
- Clearance is not large.
I can say with great confidence that the Brinly DT 40BH dethatcher is well worth the money. When it was used with no weight it performed quite well. I was also happy with the way the manufacturer packaged the product. The instructions are a no-brainer. A friend whose home had been neglected for long used the dethatcher and it delivered a wonderful job. He said it loads up fast and easily adjusts up and down. On the downside, I did find the wheels to be too small and not wide enough.
A Final Word
The Brinly DT 40BH Tow Behind dethatcher has been uniquely built to suit the various needs of users. It is a 3 in one unit that will guarantee quality for your money. It comes pre-assembled unlike other models and requires no experience or skill to mount and operate. If you are an expert in lawn dethatching or just a hobbyist lawn dethatcher then you can never go wrong with a purchase of this dethatcher.