If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
When it comes to the lawn dethatcher world, Greenworks implements ride among the best of the best. The GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp 14 inch Dethatcher is one of its products, and has won the hearts of many, including myself. It comes with a plethora of features that seem too good to be true. It is an electric dethatcher that has been designed with the needs of the heavy user in mind. It is an excellent quality tool that will get the job done more than expected. Furthermore, its robust 10 Amp motor generates sufficient power for heavy work.
- Has a push button start.
- Has a dethatching width of 14 inches.
- Comes with a 3-position tine depth.
- Full set replacement tines included.
- Has a 10-amp motor that powers the dethatcher and guarantees complete work within minutes.
- Its tines are made of stainless steel hence remain sharp for a long time.
- To avoid accidental disconnect it has been fitted with an integrated extension cord.
- Has an ergonomic handle that is adjustable and comfortable to the user.
- Weighs about 31.5 pounds.
- Superbly powered by a 10 Amp motor that can only be compared to a gas powered dethatcher. This eliminates any hassle when dethatching.
- With its 14 inch dethatching path you can get more work done faster and efficiently.
- Its 3-position tine depth adjustment, gives greater control since it eliminates matted layers and thus guarantees sustainable lawn health.
- The fact that its tines are made of stainless steel makes the implement highly reliable and ensures it remains sharp of a long time. It is thus reliable.
- It comes fully-packed with replacement tines, up to 36 tines. What else can one ask for?
- Extremely comfortable to handle thanks to its ergonomic handle that guarantees a firm and comfortable grip.
Pros and Cons
- Quality for money.
- Excellent power capability.
- Covered by a 4-year warranty.
- Has an adjustable handle that is comfortable to handle.
- Emits zero carbon and thus it is friendly to the environment.
- Comes with well-functioning wheels.
- Easy to use.
- Lacks a collection bag.
- It is an old model.
- Not ideal to work on Bermuda grass.
I am delighted with the Greenworks 27022 10 Amp Dethatcher and I highly recommend it to others. It is well worth the price when compared to the hefty costs incurred to use other implements or even for hiring a college kid for 10+ hours to de-thatch the yard. A friend of mine who had received an estimate of $8000 for her lawn repair, asked me if any alternatives were available since that cost was too high. I recommended her the Greenworks 27022 dethatcher and she has been very happy about it.
The dethatcher isn’t perfect however. Though it gets the job done, it is quite an old model can it cab be limited in capability.
A Final Word
If you are sick and tired of the huge costs incurred to hire a landscaper then it is time to do it yourself. You can’t go wrong with the GreenWorks 27022 10 Amp Dethatcher. It will get your work done expertly and efficiently.