If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
In the world of lawn dethatching no single dethatcher is created equal to the other. They all come in unique shapes and designs. Most importantly are the product features. One may be electric, another gas, and others manually powered. If you have been wondering what exactly to look out for when purchasing a lawn dethatcher then you have landed in the right place. No single dethatcher can slip out of our sight before we throw in a review. In this single piece we go through the popular Mantis 7321 Power Tiller Aerator/Dethatcher Combo Attachment which seems to have won the hearts of many. It comes with a number of features that intrigue. Let’s check it out.
- Comes with a 15 inch long swath with a single pass.
- Fitted with a 25cc engine which double-spins the tines.
- Has 4 sets of tempered blades made of steel.
- Made with the superior Honda 4-cycle.
- An aerator that is ideal for compact clay soil.
- Weighs only 24 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 15 x 8 x 9 inches.
- Covered by a 5-year warranty. Very few manufacturers can offer this.
- A US-made product.
- It is capable of tilling compact clay soil.
- Extremely powerful, thanks to its Honda 4-cycle engine.
- Sturdy and durable sets of tempered steel blades make dethatching hassle free.
- A single pass delivers a 15-inch swath.
- The powerful 25cc engine is capable of double spinning the tines.
- It is very light and requires no strong muscle to use.
- Takes little time to jump start.
Pros and Cons
- Extremely easy to use.
- Light weight hence easy to carry.
- Delivers a wide dethatching area within one pass.
- Very powerful dethatcher.
- Can easily be folded for storage and transportation.
- It is combo kit – dethatcher and aerator in one.
- Takes little time to finish work.
- Easy to attach the tiller.
- Great value for money.
- The deflector needs some redesigning.
I found the Mantis 7321 Power Tiller Aerator/Dethatcher Combo Attachment aggressive and sturdy. It is a great product and it gets my stamp of recommendation. The aerator does a good job by slicing the ground, so as to provide air infiltration to the grass roots for maximum growth. On the downside, some users were not impressed by the deflector panel. They feel it requires some redesigning.
A Final Word
The Mantis 7321 Power Tiller Aerator/Dethatcher is a combo kit that not only meets but delivers beyond your expectations. It does an exceptional job within a short time and has been built to stand hardy work.