If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
Have you been thinking of acquiring your own lawn scarifier or dethatcher lately and just do not know how or where to start? Well, you being here means that you are on the right track. Most people never evaluate the amount of money they lose when they hire a lawn dethatcher or pay a professional to get their yard in perfect shape. This expenses when summed up could add up to the tune of thousands or even millions within a lifetime. It is therefore wise that you get your own lawn dethatcher. With the dozens of reviews we offer you can never ran short of what to choose. The Sun Joe AJ800E 14-Inch 11-Amp Electric Dethatcher comes with some features that will impress any user.
- Fitted with an 11-Amp motor.
- Has an AirBoost technology.
- Has been approved by ETL.
- Delivers a 14 inch wide path in one single pass.
- Does not use gas, oil and does not require any tune-ups.
- Electric powered dethatcher.
- 24 spring steel tines.
- It has a 5-position knob for depth control.
- Instant start feature.
- Environment-friendly. Emits no carbon or toxic emissions.
- Weighs 4 pounds only.
- Covered by a 2-year warranty.
- A great dethatcher for those who are concerned about the environment. No carbon or toxic emissions produced.
- Instant start ensures you start dethatching with no time wasted.
- It’s electric, so you do not need gas, oil or tune-ups to get your work done.
- Not tiresome to use and it is very effective unlike manual rakes.
- Its 24 spring tines are made of steel thus stay sharp for long guaranteeing reliable performance.
- The AirBoost technology ensures thatch is picked up effectively.
- The 5-position knob for depth control allows one to adjust the raking depth to meet the lawn’s dethatching needs.
- Ideal for small and medium size lawns.
- Requires no maintenance; no gas, tune-ups or oil.
- Gets the job done faster. Rakes 14 wide path on one pass.
Product Pros and Cons
- 2-year warranty.
- Powerful motor.
- Friendly to the environment.
- Instant start.
- Maximum thatch pickup.
- Steel tines are sharp and stay sharp for long.
- Takes time to cool, approximately 20 minutes.
- Auto shuts down before the bag is full, which is annoying.
I was impressed with the performance of the Sun Joe Dethatcher Joe AJ800E 14-Inch 11-Amp Electric Dethatcher. I general prefer electric dethatchers to the has ones since it is much safer. The customer service offered by the manufacturer was also impressive. On the negative side, some feel the automatic shut-down meant to keep the unit cool slows down work, which is very annoying.
A Final Word
Lawn experts and garden hobbyists alike have been impressed with the Sun Joe AJ800E Dethatcher. It has all you may desire from a reliable lawn dethatcher. Though it is not perfect. it is a good value for the money.