If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
If you are passionate about maintaining your lawn, then you can understand how important it is to get the right tool for the job. Lawn dethatchers come in huge varieties and designs and this makes it difficult to pin-point what exactly will suit you. Fortunately, with reliable dethatcher reviews you can be able to get what suits you best. The Sun Joe AJ801E 12 Amp scarifier boasts with all the coveted features of a modern-day lawn implement. It has the perfect height, excellent handles, and many more features desired by any savvy buyer.
- Has a 13 inch cutting path.
- Ideal for small to mid-size lawns.
- Excellent power, thanks to its 12 Amp electric motor.
- Features Airboost technology.
- Comes with 2 tiny wheels on its rear for tracking.
- Fitted with scarifier function which cuts grass roots. This guarantees a thick and healthy lawn.
- Has been approved by ETL.
- Comes with a 5-position knob for depth control.
- Covered by a 2-year warranty.
- An ideal implement for the small or medium size lawn.
- Easy to handle and control thanks to its comfortable handle.
- The 5-position knob for depth control allows you to control the level of dethatching.
- With its powerful 12 Amp motor you can handle even the most demanding tasks.
- Its 13-inch grass cutting path ensures work is completed quickly and efficiently.
- With its two rear wheels you are in full control of the implement.
- Its unique scarifier function that cuts grass roots is an excellent feature.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent tracking wheels.
- Easy to assemble.
- Light and easy to operate.
- Has a telescoping handle.
- Superior performance.
- Easily powered.
- Has a catch bag.
- Easy to swap.
- The catch bag is small.
- Manually operated when shifting roles.
- Poorly designed safety button.
I am highly impressed with the Sun Joe AJ801E 12 Amp Electric Scarifier Plus Lawn Dethatcher and would recommend easily it to others. I loved the fact that it is one of highest powered and is similar to those rented out to golf courses. It was quite a breeze to assemble and use. One of the setbacks noted with Sun Joe AJ801E is its small bag for catching grass. The other downside noted is its handle that is a little low. It forces one to bend a little when dethatching.
A Final Word
Anyone looking for a lawn tool always has quality in mind. That is precisely what you get when you invest in the Sun Joe AJ801E12 electric scarifier. It is designed with the needs of the user in mind and is one of the most powerful dethatchers when compared to those within the same class. Furthermore, the 2-year warranty provided makes it a safe investment.