If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
There are several reasons as to why you would opt to use the Firestone PondGard EPDM Pond Liner than any other type of pond liner. Simply put, it has a lot to offer. It is a pond liner that is completely safe for fish, and it’s made by one of the most reputable companies out there – Firestone PondGard.
Features of the Firestone PondGard EPDM Pond Liner
- The material used to make this pond liner is completely safe for fish. EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a fish friendly, nontoxic substance. Fish can easily live in the ponds lined by the Firestone PondGard Pond Liner since no toxic substances pose a threat to their lives. They are also well catered for in terms of nutrition since this liner also allows for growth and development of plants.
- The pond liner comes in different sizes. The 45 mil stands for the thickness of this pond liner. The smallest size is 5 by 5 feet while the largest available size is 50 by 200 feet. The variety of sizes gives you the opportunity to choose the one that will best suit your needs.
- It is very flexible and does not contain any plasticizers. This pond liner can stay in a variety of temperatures ranging from negative 40 degrees F to 175 degrees F.
- The pond liner is elastic enough to allow it to easily stretch over the materials that may exert a lot of pressure on it thereby causing tears. It will easily stretch over rocks and other sharp objects at the bed of the pond that may cause breakages. It is also weather resistant and it can withstand several adverse weather conditions that would easily degrade other types of pond liners. All these features will enable this pond liner to last for a long period of time before it is worn out.
- The pond liner fish safe shows good versatility when it comes to contours. This liner can easily be fitted in to several types of contours with maximum ease. This will give you easy time in fixing it to a pond with irregular shapes.
One drawback of the Firestone PondGard EPDM Pond Liner is that it is slightly heavy. It’s weight might tire you out during installation. Also, it is a bit more expensive than other pond liners of the same material and size, but coming from Firestone, I’d say it’s more than worth it.
A Final Word
One of the best things about the Firestone PondGard EPDM Pond Liner is that it is extremely fish friendly. Furthermore, it is non-plasticized making it very environmental friendly. It is also very durable, very flexible and easy to use. It has everything you’d want in a pond liner. It’s great value for money.