If you purchase an independently reviewed item through our site, we earn an affiliate commission. Read our affiliate disclosure.
TotalPond Pond Skins Pond Liners are manufactured by TotalPond, a company based in Florida in the United States, with over 50 years experience in the industry. The company also manufactures several other water gardening materials and equipment. TotalPond Pond Skins Pond Liners are available in at least four types:
- 10 ft. x 15 ft. EPDM pond liner
- 13 ft. x 20 ft. PVC pond liner
- 10 ft. x 13 ft. PVC pond liner
- 7 ft. x 10 ft. PVC pond liner
Let us now take a detailed look at the TotalPond Pond Skins Pond Liners:
TotalPond Pond Skin Pond Liner (10 ft. x 15 ft. EPDM)
This pond liner is ideal for medium sized ponds measuring at least 6 ft x 9 ft. It is also known to be able to withstand extreme weather conditions. I always advise to use pond liners that can withstand severe and harsh weather conditions, so as to limit having to replace them ever so often. This particular pond skin liner is also ideal for use in ponds that have depths of 18 inches or even deeper. It is a heavy duty and durable pond liner that will be able to withstand even ultraviolet (UV) rays. It is also fish safe, non toxic and comes with a 20 year warranty.
- Even though EPDM pond liners are more flexible, they are not usually as strong as some flexible plastic pond liners.
- They are also a little highly priced.
TotalPond Pond Skin Pond Liner (13 ft. x 20 ft. PVC)
This lightweight and easy to handle pond liner is ideal for large ponds because of the large surface area it can cover. Its durability is guaranteed based on the fact that it is made from PVC – a high quality material that is often used to make quality pond liners. This pond liner is fish friendly, meaning that it does not contain any toxic substances that may endanger the lives of fish in your pond. It has a mil thickness of 14.5 but it is strong enough to resists puncture and UV radiation. It has a textured surface which has the effect of allowing the growth of beneficial bacteria in the pond. The other good thing with this particular pond liner is that it comes with a 20 year warranty.
- Even though pond liners made of PVC are more flexible and also look neat when folded compared to those made of butyl, they are not as long lasting as those made of fiberglass or butyl are. Most of them usually last for no longer than a period of 6 years.
TotalPond Pond Skin Pond Liner (10 ft. x 13 ft. PVC)
This pond liner is ideal for medium ponds with dimensions of around 5 x 8 x 1.5 ft. They are lightweight, easy to handle and durable too. Other good quality features of this pond liner include: polyester weave for extra strength, a textured surface that promotes beneficial microbial growth, and a 20 year warranty.
- Not as long lasting as those made of butyl or fiberglass.